Minister of Interior
- Date of birth: 31st January 1970 in Plzeň.
- Marital status: married
- Children: two children
Studied at the Economics Middle School in Plzeň and the West Bohemian University in Plzeň.
Professional and Public Activities
- Member of ČSSD since 1997.
- During 2002 – 2010 member of the Plzeň city representation.
- From 2008 member of the Plzeň Region Representation.
- Member of the Plzeň City Council and from 2006 Chairman of the Plzeň City Audit Committee.
- Worked earlier in the Czechoslovak Bank and after the revolution in business in retail and wholesale services.
- In 2010, elected Governor of the Plzeň Region. Before his appointment as Governor, First Deputy to the Governor of the Plzeň Region.
- From 2011, Chairman of the Regional Executive Committee of ČSSD in the Plzeň Region. From 2013 Vice-Chairman of the party. Member of the Shadow Cabinet – Minister of Transport.
- Personal website: www.milanchovanec.cz
Member Country - particular information
Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic
Member of the SALZBURG FORUM since 2000
|Total area:||78.866 sq km|
|Length of National Border:||1.989 km|
|Total number of habitants:||10.220.911|
|Neighbouring states:||AT, DE, PL, SK|